Mr Hosenfeld and Mr. Donnald (or Mr. H and Mr. D) have taken the reigns of the Webelos 1 Den this year and in the first 3 Den meetings, we have almost completed the first requirement. Stronger, Faster, Higher allowed the boys to get outside while the weather is still warm to build an obstacle course and practice some great exercises to keep them in top form. We enjoyed having the Tigers and Bears out to run the Course with the help of our Den.
We’ll be getting ready to delve into the next Achievement at our next Den Meeting. Join Us!
- “I will miss sleeping over at cool places like the time we slept at the aquarium.”
- “I will miss going to Skyzone and jumping around.”
- “I will miss the Pinewood Derby because it’s fun every year.”
- “The fossil digging was fun because you find real fossils.”
- “One thing I will miss about Cub Scouts is the Blue & Gold. It is really exciting and fun.”
- “I will miss launching rockets in the burnable field.”
- “I look forward to camping in the forest where I might get eaten by a bear.”
- “I am looking forward to cooking delicious meals.”
- “I would like to build a campfire in Scouts.”
- “I look forward to becoming a Scout because we can do whatever we like.”
- “I am looking forward to going to new places like rope courses.”
- “I am looking forward to other trips in Boy Scouts such as camping trips.”
All six boys have earned the Arrow of Light and will receive the award during their bridging ceremony.
Welcome to the Wolf Den!
The Wolf Den is for boys in second grade.
If you are a first grader and you are interested in joining our Pack, WELCOME! We are happy to have you. Our den meets when our pack has den meetings listed on the pack calendar- Mondays at 6:30 in the classrooms on the lower level of Derry Presbyterian Church. Tigers have a lot of fun during their first scout year, meeting new friends, heading out to explore on our den “Go See It” outings, and spending time with family. Our Ice Cream Social, where new scouts like you meet the pack, is scheduled for Monday September 22, 2014 at 6:30pm in room 7 of Derry Presbyterian. I look forward to meeting you there!
Troop 200 has invited the Webelos II den to join their September campout. Please confirm participation by Monday, September 15th.
If you are a Webelos II and did not receive an e-mail invitation, please contact Mrs. Clary or Mr. Brown.
At their November 7 den meeting, the Werewolf Patrol (Webelos 2) began construction on Model Rockets for their Scientist Activity Badge. The boys Constructed and designed their rockets at the den meeting and were able to launch them this weekend.